Time for our monthly (abbreviated) look at the general happenings around the blog … albeit three days later than usual.
- This month marks the fourth anniversary of True Classics. Look for an announcement later this month about how we plan to celebrate this time around–and what awesome prizes we’ll be giving away this year!
- The Westerns countdown at Wonders in the Dark is in full swing, with a fantastic series of articles being contributed thus far. Later this week, Brandie’s first piece for the event will be posted over on the site, so make sure to check that out as she reviews a true classic of the genre.
- We have several reviews on tap for the month ahead, as well as several giveaways of some wonderful classic film-related books–among them, Kendra Bean’s new illustrated biography of Vivien Leigh, which will be up for grabs this week. Keep checking back throughout November for your chance to win this and other great books!
And finally, in this month’s edition of “What Brandie Wrote At Other Sites Last Month (So That’s Where She’s Been)”:
- Over at The Moviola, Brandie took a gander at Warner Archive’s new MOD release of Kitty Foyle (1940) and Criterion’s recent restoration of The Uninvited (1943). [The latter post has been reprinted at CC2K as part of their “Fright Week” celebration.]
- And at ClassicFlix, you’ll find her reviews of Olive Films’ first edition of The Essential Betty Boop and Criterion’s new restoration of I Married a Witch (1942).
6 thoughts on “State of the Blog: November 2013”
Congrats on four years!
From “Carole & Co.” (nearly 6 1/2 years old), congratulations on your blogiversary!
Four years…they grow up so fast (sniff). Congratulations all around!
Happy 4th Blogaversary! Here’s to many more years of your wonderful blog. 🙂